Car won’t start?
Could be your battery, here are a few things you should try…
- Do your lights work?
- If your lights don’t work, you probably have a dead battery which is the most common reason why cars won’t start. Please use proper safety procedures when jumping a car battery.
- If your lights do work, but your engine won’t turn over, you may have a defective ignition switch, or faulty starter.
- Lights work, and engine turns over but won’t start…
- Check your fuel level (an empty tank happens more than you might think), if that’s okay;
- It could be a clogged fuel filter. Fuel filters should be changed every 10 -15 thousand miles, or
- It could be another ignition problem that will need to be diagnosed by a qualified technician
If your car still won’t start, call Quality Towing at 865-483-8605. Ask them to tow your vehicle to RT Clapp in Oak Ridge. We’ll diagnose the problem, complete the needed repairs and get you back on the road.
Brands we service: Acura • Buick • Cadillac • Chevrolet • Chrysler • Dodge • Ford • GMC • Honda • Hyundai • Infiniti • Jeep • Kia • Lexus • Lincoln • Mazda • Mitsubishi • Nissan • Oldsmobile • Pontiac • Subaru • Suzuki • Toyota
- Maintenance Service
- Engine Services
- Transmission Service
- Suspension Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Brake Systems
- A/C & Heating Systems
- Tire Services
Hours of Operation
Knoxville and Oak Ridge
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
RT Clapp Car Care Center
1025 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
We accept most major credit cards and fleet cards